Rules and Regulations
Welcome to Elite Dance Complex. We are glad you have chosen our studio. We hope your whole family will enjoy our studio. This guide has been written to describe our program, goals, policies and the details that go into making each lesson as happy and successful as possible. Please study it and keep it for reference, as it will answer many of your questions.
*This document is available for PDF download*
In addition to developing your child’s dance skills, our lessons are planned so dancers will:
1. be safe
2. feel secure
3. receive individual attention and encouragement
4. develop self-discipline
5. experience success in order to develop a positive self-image
6. develop dance skills
The staff and management of Elite Dance Complex spend countless hours to bring you the nicest and cleanest studio in the area. Please respect the property and its belongings.
Monthly Tuition Policy:
Tuition is due the 1st be made payable to Elite Dance Complex. Tuition is the same amount each month regardless if it is a three or five week month. (Tuition is based on the total amount of classes per year and then divided into 10 monthly payments.) Money is not refunded for missed lessons for any reason. (See make up policy below). Account of each month. We accept cash and checks; all checks should statements will not be sent out unless the account is overdue. After the 1st month a $10.00 late fee will be added to your account. There is a $25.00 charge on all returned checks. If you fail to make payments for more than 30 days, your child will not be permitted to enter class until the balance is paid-in-full.
If your child does not attend class, you cannot subtract classes from your tuition.
Payment Procedure Policy:
A payment sheet will given to you before each season begins. All payments for the entire year are listed on the payment sheet along with due dates. This will include tuition payments, costumes payments, recital fees, etc.
A registration fee of $25.00 per student is required at the beginning of your child’s session. (This fee is nontransferable and non refundable). Class availability is on a first come, first serve basis. Registration is not complete until the registration fee is paid along with all proper forms signed.
Attendance is taken at the beginning of each class. It is important that your child attend dance class each week. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class, and the studio cannot jeopardize its responsibilities to the rest of the class for one student. If a student misses too many lessons they may fall behind the rest of the class.
Missed Class/ Make Up Policy:
If a student misses a class it can be made up during the month in which they were absent. Missed classes cannot be made up for the end of the year. No refund will be given for missed classes. Classes that are cancelled by the studio will reschedule.
Dress Code Policy:
This year, our dress code has changed. Proper shoes and dance attire are required at all times in the dance studios. Please read below:
Company Students please visit our uniform page for the proper attire for each class.
Open Class Students can wear warm up pants, hip-hop sneakers and an Elite tee shirt. No Jeans, baggy shirts, street clothes, jewelry or street shoes are permitted in the studio.
Please check with your instructor for the proper dance shoes for your class. Please label your children’s shoes. All long hair should be securely tied back in a bun or ponytail. Also, please pin back all bangs so your child is playing with their hair in class.
1. No food or drinks are permitted in the dance rooms. You must keep all food and drinks in the lobby. There is no gum permitted in the studio.
2. Only dance shoes are to be worn in the studio and dance shoes are not to be worn outside for any reason!
3. All students must be in proper attire for class. Appropriate shoes must be worn in all classes.
4. Parents are not permitted to bring their children into the dance room. The teacher will greet them at the studio door and take children into the room for their lesson. After class, the teacher will bring them outside to the lobby as well. We want to keep our dance floor as clean as possible.
5. Classes will be conducted with the door closed. This will avoid any distractions for the lobby.
6. Please make sure you arrive 5-10 minutes early.
1. Students must wait inside the building to be picked up.
2. No student is permitted to leave the building without an adult unless ages 12 and above.
3. All students are encouraged to use the rest room before class begins.
4. Please try to keep the lobby as quiet and clean as possible.
5. Students must store their dance attire in the classroom; the studio will not be held responsible for anything left in the lobby.
6. Please do not interrupt the teacher while the class is in session. If you need to speak to the teacher, please do so before or after the class. If necessary, you may make an appointment.
Snow or Bad Weather Policy:
If at any time, it is necessary to cancel lessons due to bad weather such as snow and ice, there will be a recorded answering machine after 2:30 pm for the evening classes. Please do not ask for us to call you to see if classes are cancelled. There will be no deduction in tuition. All classes cancelled by the studio will be rescheduled.
Costume Payment Policy:
A costume deposit for each class is due in November with the remaining balance in February. Once the deposits have been sent to the costume companies, there can be no refund issued. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be charged for any costume cancelled. Once costumes are ordered, you are responsible for full payment. All accessories, including tights, headpieces, gloves, etc, will be purchased separately.
Private lessons are available. These may be used for extra practice if you have missed several lessons and need to catch up or for any student auditioning for Magnet Schools.
Recital and Ticket Policy:
All studio fees must be paid in full or your child cannot participate in the recital. Each student must pay a $60.00 recital fee and must be paid by May 1st June’s tuition. This fee includes: Rehearsal fees and recital fees, which include purchase of the auditorium rental Union stage hands, DJ equipment, Lighting equipment, janitors, scenery and other extra expenses. Parents will receive discounted tickets. Tickets will go on sale in May. Tickets cannot be pre-ordered but they can be purchased at the door.
The studio has the right to cancel the enrollment of a child for the following reasons:
1. Non-payment of excessive lateness of fees
2. Not observing the rules of the studio
3. Physical and/or verbal abuse of staff and children by a parent or child.
You are the best judge of your child’s health and we must trust you will not bring your sick child to the studio. However, if the opinion of the teaching staff feels your child is sick, we will call you to come pick them up. The following criteria will be considered in determining if your child must go home:
2. Inflammation of the eyes
3. Vomiting and/or diarrhea
4. Communicable disease